Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Another movie review...sorta...

Just got back from seeing "District 9" with my mommy.
I was slightly opposed to seeing this movie, having thought it looked dumb, but I still went for my mom. :P
ANYHOODLE, it was a rather enjoyable movie. There were some parts at the beginning when we questioned if we should just leave or not. But then we got sucked into the movie. You become attached to characters you think you won't.
You also realize that human beings are messed up. We are not very nice to things we don't understand, even if this movie was just fiction.
I also loved the way that the film was shot. If you've seen "Cloverfield", the shooting was similar, but WAY better
. It had the sense of an amateur type person, such as a news filmer, but it was still professional. The "Cloverfield" filming was horrid, but the "District 9" filming was AMAZING!

This movie is kinda hard to explain at all. You really should go see it though! Worth
it: yes!


2 comments:

  1. I am reading your stuff. There still is no sex, drugs, or disco. Don't make me come back there and teach you some things. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually there was two times that I wanted to leave and then bam all of a sudden you care about the characters and you want to be sure that the good guys win. It's done on video instead of film so it's as if you are watching a news or reality show.

    ReplyDelete