Monday, September 14, 2009

Doctor vistit #1

So, a serious blog today.

I went in to an orthopedic doctor today to see what is up with my scoliosis.
They check out my reflexes, took some xrays and measured my curvature with the xrays.
I got to see said xrays. They were...shocking. My spine looked horrible. Like I was some sort of alien. Both me and my dad said, "ew!" when we saw it.
The doctor laughed. Apparently, it isn't even that bad.
My curvature is between 35 and 37 degrees
. Which is nothing, apparently.
But boy, it sure doesn't look like nothing.
At 40* is when they start looking at surgical treatments, so surgery is out as of now.

But my main concern was my constant back pain. Really, not even exaggerating when I say it hurts constantly. There is never a break in the pain anymore.

Here's the kicker: apparently, scoliosis doesn't cause pain.

SO, next Friday, I go in for an MRI so they can try and figure out what is causing my pain. Then a few days later, I go back in for the results of the MRI.
And then after that, I go back in after four months, so make sure my spine hasn't curved any more.

I pretty much hate doctors. No answers yet. Not even some ibuprofen for the pain. GAHHHHH.

Now my blogs will return to their usual attempt at humor until next Friday, when I will write another report on the MRI experience.

Until next time, don't smell your dog's armpits!


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't get a direct answer. On the bright side at least they are still working to try to figure out what is causing your pain. You are too young to be living in pain. Try to remain patient they will figure it out I am sure of it.

    ReplyDelete