Saturday, September 19, 2009

Story time! Saturday



I knew this would happen to me. I know it’s hard to believe, but I just knew a life threatening experience would cause me to confess things to someone. Things that I would not normally say to this person, due to the fact that the person would probably be angered. And you know what else I knew? That the life threatening experience would end up to be nothing at all. Now my life IS being threatened, thanks to that dang turbulence. Let me explain.

It was a relatively normal day. Kendra had flown to Texas to visit her mom, and I had gone with her. Now we were on our way back, and I was doing my routine freak out before we boarded the plane.

“Courtney, clam down,” said Kendra, rolling her eyes, “It’s just a plane ride. It’s not like something could go wrong because people didn’t check the plane’s landing gear. I mean, what are the chances of the plane catching fire when we take off or land?”

“That isn’t what I was worried about, but thanks for adding that in to my list of plane fears. I’m just worried about the plane spiraling down to the hard ground when we are in mid flight.”

“Pssh, like that could happen.” Kendra said as we took our seats.

It was about an hour later when it happened. The plane encountered really bad turbulence.

“AHHH!” I yelled. “I knew this would happen!”

Kendra showed no support or care, because she was fast asleep.

“That little jerk…” I muttered, before I started to panic again.

Those yellow breathing masks came down and that is when I snapped.

“Sweet mother of 3rd graders that tried to kill their teacher! KENDRA, WAKE UP!”

“Huh? Don’t let the flying Korean carrots get me!” she yelled as she woke up. “What’s going on?”

“We are going to crash and die! No, even worse, burn and die and have to tap dance for scary old man for the rest of eternity!”

“Courtney, stop overreacting. It’s just a little turbulence.”

“No it’s not, you lie! Listen, I need to tell you something. I figure that since we are going to die anyway, I should get it off my chest.” I took a deep breath and looked at her, “I used your clarinet to unclog my toilet!”

She stared at me, “I don’t play clarinet…I don’t even own one.”

“Oh…Right...” I looked down, “What I meant to say was that I was the one who used the parachute to tap dance on your dog while we were free falling during the summer of ’69!”

“WHAT?! You lying little bag of birdie poop!”

The rest of the plane ride ended up being smooth. Once we landed, Kendra shoved me into her laptop bag. I currently have no idea where I am going, but I am defiantly running low on air.


THE END


So, sorry I posted this so late, but I've had a super busy day and I have hardly been home. So, I will post about today tomorrow, since Story time was today.


That was actually a story I wrote my Sophomore year for English[we would have to write one every week and I'd write it the night before it was due.]. Kendra and I would always write funny stories to make the class laugh, since we were the funniest ones in there!

So, I hope you enjoyed this last minute story post of mine. I just copied and pasted it from Word. Which is why everything is all double spaced and messed up now.


Until next time, don't use your mouse to comb your hair!



No comments:

Post a Comment